:: the art of driving ::


16/1/08...

It has been so long since I've got a chance to write in my blog...and I've been itching to write about this particular subject: "driving" (or should I add... "driving like mad"?)

I don't remember when the 'need' to drive surfaced in my life..but I do remember my life as a traveller since forever..It's what my family did (and we're still doing it, if given the time)..we drove around the country.. (ok..not 'we'..but my father, and sometimes my mother too).. my dad drives like an 'expert', if u know what i mean... only once in my life that i experienced an accident in a car driven by him..and that was 13 years ago...no life was killed..only a very damaged car (the passengers were safe i assure) and a destroyed motorcycle.. whose fault was it if u asked?well..both to be fair...

Don't worry..i've got no trauma whatsoever...it's actually pretty weird, but from that moment on, i was very keen on watching how my dad drove..it was full of confidence...sometimes mistaken for arrogance...and it seems that he was very ignorant...but no, he actually really cares...in every moment he steps on the accelerator or the brake, he will first think of the car behind and beside...whatever action he takes, it never was for his own good only..every time he drives, all the passengers feel ‘safe’ despite of the speed he was driving… and so I came to a conclusion that I wanted to drive like him…


2004, I got my chance to do so…I got my driving license... I don’t know about my friends, but all my mother’s and father’s were very surprised… Hah! I even surprised myself.. To be honest, I was very bad at parking (I still am..huhu)… But that year, I can only drove the auto-mobile…no manual please.. I dreaded the manual one!

One of my friend’s mom once told my mom that she never thought I could pull it off… she said that I always look terrified (do I?)…ok, she meant that I seem like a very fragile girl… (fragile??hardly…huhu) so, when one day I drove my dad’s car to her house, she was the one who felt terrified..oh yeah, she was really scared that I would crash into one of her flower-pots…hahaha…don’t take it bad, I really love her ok…

2005, I collided with my first accident! I assure you it wouldn’t be my last *wink*wink*…It was very bad…I was on MRR2 at ampang…my roommate from Jaiputra was sitting beside me.. and suddenly, I hit a lorry! (can u believe it? The lorry wasn’t even big…) I panicked, and so I stepped on the accelerator…BAM! There goes all my left-side windows… all crushed…into tiny little pieces… (and if u’re wondering: the lorry was ok..no damages at all..none…nada…) And thank to Allah Almighty, my friend was safe..the window in her seat was only half-broken (I don’t know the exact word)...anyway, the incident was a blur.. but I remember that I drove casually home, panic rising in my chest..i nearly broke down… About RM 3k was spent to repair the MVP…or so I was told…huhu…

it was a very ‘educating’ experience…I’ll say that drivers without accident experience wouldn’t fully understand the concept of ‘safe-driving’… oh, they’ll know all the theories…but they won’t know how to deal with the real scenarios…they won’t know what’s the feeling of panic in CRASHING into other cars (or things)… don’t get me wrong, I’m not encouraging people to get into accident.. I’m juz saying that if ever u do get into one, savour the experience…don’t get traumatised…it’s a lesson for you to drive better and better next time…

Anyway, after 3 years of driving, I came to another conclusion: My dad drives like mad… but I drive like crazy! All in all, I love driving~!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

sancTuaRY res0Rt

.: Before dot dot dot :.

:: I Know Something BIG ::